KNOW YOUR FOOD. KNOW YOUR FARMER.
Crown Point Ecology Center’s Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is now open! There's nothing like bringing home fresh certified organic and sustainably grown vegetables, herbs, and berries! Even better, knowing exactly where your food comes from, who grew it, and how it was grown. Not only does being a CSA shareholder have a positive impact on you and your family, but you directly support our farm and community. Crown Point has been certified organic since 1994. We rely on the support from our community to operate in a sustainable and ecological manner.
Crown Point demonstrates its mission through fresh produce donation to the Akron/Canton Regional Food Bank and other agencies in Summit County. In 2021, we donated over 5,500 pounds of organic produce, approximately 28% of our harvest! Crown Point also donates certified organic vegetable plants every spring to local community gardens such as Akron Community Garden and Let’s Grow Akron in efforts to reduce food insecurity in our community.
2022 CSA Details:
- The CSA is a 19-week enrollment that runs from beginning of June through mid October. Every week we set up the CSA market in the barn on Wednesdays and Fridays. You stop by on either of your chosen day, Wednesday or Friday, between 3:00pm to 6:00pm and pick the vegetables we have harvested that given week.
- Hiatus Week: There will be no CSA pick-up June 29th and July 1st. Alot of CSA members take this week off for vacation, and so do the farmers. We dedicate this week for vacation time, as well as time to catch up with tasks and large projects on and around the farm.
- SOLD OUT! Standard Share: Includes in early weeks, 5-7 vegetables and herbs and as the season progresses, the shares grow to 8-10 vegetables and herbs each week. Recommended to feed 1-2 people. One "vegetable" could be a few big tomatoes, a bunch of carrots, a few peppers, a quart of potatoes, a couple bulbs of garlic etc.
- SOLD OUT! Large Share: Equals to double of the standard share. Includes in early weeks, 5-7 vegetables and herbs and as the season progresses, the shares grow to 8-10 vegetables and herbs each week. Recommended to feed 3-4 people. One "vegetable" could be a 4-6 big tomatoes, 2 bunches of carrots, a 4-6 peppers, 2 quart of potatoes, 3-5 bulbs of garlic etc.
- SOLD OUT! 10-week Standard share: Includes in early weeks, 5-7 vegetables and herbs and as the season progresses, the shares grow to 8-10 vegetables and herbs each week. Recommended to feed 1-2 people. One "vegetable" could be a few big tomatoes, a bunch of carrots, a few peppers, a quart of potatoes, a couple bulbs of garlic etc.
- Pick up dates: June 1st/3rd, June 15th/17th, July 6th/8th, July 20th/22nd, August 3rd/5th, August 17th/19th, August 31st/September 2nd, September 14th/16th, September 28th/30th, and October 12th/14th
- SOLD OUT! 9-week Standard share: Includes in early weeks, 5-7 vegetables and herbs and as the season progresses, the shares grow to 8-10 vegetables and herbs each week. Recommended to feed 1-2 people. One "vegetable" could be a few big tomatoes, a bunch of carrots, a few peppers, a quart of potatoes, a couple bulbs of garlic etc.
- Pick up dates: June 8th/10th, June 22nd/24th, July 13th/15th, July 27th/29th, August 10th/12th, August 24th/26th, September 7th/9th, September 21st/23rd, and October 5th/7th
*LIMITED MEANS THERE ARE CURRENTLY LESS THAN 5 SHARES AVAILABLE
Pick Your Own:
As part of your CSA membership, you have an additional access to our Pick Your Own patches. The farm is family-friendly so bring your little ones! The PYO includes peas, beans, cherry tomatoes, ground cherries, raspberries, blackberries, and flowers. PYO options will change as the season progresses. Please come ready for the outdoor weather. Also please bring your own pint or quart container, if you do not have one we will supply you with one. Unable to make it out to the PYO patch? We would be more than happy to harvest any of the PYO options for you in advance.
Weekly Recipes and Farm Newsletter!
Each week we will send a newsletter, which we call "The Leaf", explaining what is happening on the farm, 2-3 recipes, upcoming events, and anticipated vegetables in each week's share. Note the vegetables we have in the newsletter are subject to change by the pick-up days. Have a recipe or photos you want to have featured in The Leaf? Send us an email!
Benefits of joining a CSA:
- Crown Point Membership with program discounts is included in the cost of CSA
- Supporting local agriculture and economy
- Fresh Certified Organic vegetables and herbs
- Excellent varieties
- Opportunity to explore new vegetables and recipes
Can't pick-up on your day?
- Email us at email@example.com or call the office at (330) 668-8992 during office hours to arrange another pick-up day that week.
- Have a friend or neighbor pick-up instead.
- Donate your share to the Akron-Canton Foodbank
All shares not picked up by the end of the week will be donated to the Akron-Canton Foodbank. Add-ons (i.e. eggs & honey) will not be donated, and will be available for pick-up the following week.
CSA Shareholders assume the risks of each growing season such as drought, too much rain, unanticipated insect pressure, etc. However, we carefully plan a diverse portfolio of crop varieties to ensure a plentiful harvest, even when Mother Nature doesn’t cooperate. When crops are scacre we serve CSA members first. Eating seasonally can be a new experience, since favorite vegetables may not be available throughout the entire season. We're in this together!
Egg share (Mud Run Farm's Organic and Free Range): $6 per dozen
19 - Weeks: $114 total
10 - Weeks: Biweekly pick-up $60 total
Honey share (Revere Honey): 4 weeks; June, July, August & September
Save $4 on four jars and purchase a Honey Share for $46 total
Seasonal flower bouquets may be available for purchase during CSA pick-up
19 - Week Standard Share: $475
19 - Week Large Share: $850
10 - Week Standard Share: $260
9 - Week Standard Share: $235
CSA Pick up days/times:
Weekly CSA pick-up's:
Wednesdays from 3:00 - 6:00 pm and Fridays from 3:00 - 6:00 pm
**Can't pick-up your share or have a vacation scheduled? See section above "Can't Pick-Up My Share"
Credit card - Pay by credit card HERE
When registering by credit card, a fee of 3.5% fee is required
Check - To pay with a check please notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at (330) 668-8992
Please make checks out to Crown Point Ecology Center and include a phone number and email address along with which CSA shares and add-ons you would like to purchase.
Send your check to: PO BOX 484, Bath, OH 44210
A verbal agreement to pay for a CSA share will temporarily hold a CSA share for you, however deposits not received within 14 days may jeopardize your registration.
By purchasing a CSA share and add on's, you agree to pay the full amount due. If you would like to pay 50% down to reserve your share with the remianing balance due by April 15th, please call our office at (330) 668-8992 for purchasing assistance.
A partial refund of payment will occur upon cancellation if before April 15th, 2022. Cancellation must be in writing and is subject to a 20% cancellation fee. Refunds will be made within 3-4 weeks.