We are sad to announce that with continuing concerns about COVID-19, Crown Point Ecology Center has to CANCEL the Summer Farm & Science & Taste of Arts camps this year. The safety of our campers, families, volunteers & staff is of utmost importance.
Here is what you can enjoy at Crown Point this summer: While the main house/visitor center isn’t open, the property still is. We are all looking for things to do with our families that we can still partake in. Please feel free to come & walk our property and explore! Check out the labyrinth walk, the pond, the bees, the flowers, our greenhouses, watch the farmers, see the wildlife & more! Please feel free to bring a lunch and sit at one of our tables or sit in our chairs on the lawn. When you pull in to the end of the drive, there is a hut with information about the property to reference. Be careful on Wednesdays & Fridays as we will be having CSA pickups these days and there will be traffic in & out.
We welcome you to enjoy the nature!
We are practicing social distancing, wearing our masks & sanitizing. We ask that you participate while speaking with any of our staff you see on the property or visiting “touchable” areas.
Thank you for our support and patience. Again, we are so sorry not to hold these camps. We are sad that we can’t share summer with you & we hope to see your children in 2021!
Weekly day camps will take place June 15th - Aug 7th for youth ages 7-11 in Akron and surrounding communities.
Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m
$200 per week ($190 per child for siblings)
BEFORE AND AFTER CARE
(Provided for an additional fee. No daily rates)
AM care (7:45 a.m. – 9 a.m.): $30/week
PM care + snack (3 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.): $55/week
Both AM & PM = $75
• Discover the natural cycles of plants, animals and people on a farm.
• Follow their food from field to plate, and even, try new vegetables!
• Explore farm fields, and hike through the woodlands and meadows.
• Investigate the living creatures that inhabit the ponds and wetlands.
• Play team building games.
• Study bees at our beehive with beekeeper/Farm Manager Danielle.
• Create a children’s farmers market.
• Unplug, get dirty and enjoy nature and the great outdoors.
• Meet new friends and so much more!